Friday, September 2, 2016

Hobie 16 - the saga begins!

I pulled the trigger.  Found a Hobie 16 catamaran on Craigslist and bought it!  It's a 1984 Nationals Yellow model that I picked up from a very nice guy in Storm Lake IA.  


This is the photo from the ad.  Also this shows the older sails and it came with newer ones.  The sails themselves are in nice shape.


These are the current (newer) sails for it.  


I'm beside myself excited to start fixing it up and get it out on the water.  I'll detail some of my repairs here and upload more photos as I go.  One of the first things to fix is we busted out the mast step area where the pin goes so I need to replace that (fixed).  Also it needs trampoline repair (Have a new one on hand, just needs to be installed). 



And I picked up a submersible VHF radio, a couple floating flashlights and a couple whistles for safety! Can't be too careful right?!  Peace of mind anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment